I am a 3rd-year Ph.D. Candidate supervised by Prof. Thomas Huang and Prof. Zhi-Pei Liang at Image Formation and Processing Group IFP of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). I received my Bachelor and Mphil. degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology(HKUST), working at Neuromorphic Interactive System Lab (NISL) supervised by Prof. Bertram Shi.
My research interests lie in computer vision, deep learning, human-computer interaction and multidisciplinary vision research. Specifically, I am actively conducting low-level vision research like image denoising and enhancement. I am engaging in applying image/data restoration and recognition theory to multiple reseach areas including optics and display, art and history, neuroscience, psychology and affect, medicine and health, even financial trading. Please see my list of publications for some examples.
- 23 March, 2019. We are organizing the first Challenge of Image Restoration for Under-Display Camera at ECCV 2020. Microsoft Project Page
- 23 Feb, 2019. One paper accepted to CVPR 2020.
- 10 Feb, 2020. We will organzie the workshop and Tiny Object Detection (TOD) challenge on Real-World Recognition from Low-Quality Inputs (RLQ) in ECCV 2020. The program website is here.
- 10 Nov, 2019. Three papers are accepted to AAAI 2020.
- 27 Oct, 2019. Successfully organized the workshop and challenge on Real-World Recognition from Low-Quality Images and Videos (RLQ) in ICCV 2019. The past program website is here. Thanks all the co-organizers and speakers. [Photo]
- 27 Oct, 2019. We won the 3rd prize of Dunhuang Image Restoration Challenge at e-Heritage Workshop at ICCV 2019. [Certificate][Photo]
- 22 July, 2019. One paper accepted to ICCV 2019 (Oral).[Video]
- 11 June, 2019. One Journal paper accepted in PLoS ONE.
- 16 April, 2019. Our Team has won the 1st place of the NTIRE 2019 Raw Image Denoising Track at CVPR 2019! See the Tech Report.
- 24 Feb, 2019. One paper is accepted to CVPR 2019 (Oral).
- 3 Nov, 2018. One paper and a student abstract paper are accepted in AAAI 2019.
- 3 Jun, 2017. Our HKUST Team ‘Pose-dependent facial expression recognition system’ ranked 1st in the challenge of FERA2017. The associated paper is accepted in FG 2017.
- Mar. 2020, 2020 Thomas and Margaret Huang Award for Graduate Research (Beckman, UIUC)
- Apr. 2020, 5th (5/265) place of NTIRE2020 sRGB Image Denoising Challenge at CVPR’20.
- Oct. 2019, 3rd (3/23) place of Dunhuang Image Restoration Challenge at ICCV’19.
- Jun. 2019, 1st (1/220) place of NTIRE2019 Raw Image Denoising Challenge at CVPR’19.
- Jun. 2017, 1st place of FERA2017 Action Unit Intensity Regression Challenge at FG’17.
- Nov. 2015, 2015 Academic Achievement Medal of HKUST
- Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Adobe Photoshop Team and Adobe Research
- Summer 2019, Applied Science Group and Microsoft Research
- Summer 2018, Megvii US Research
- Fall 2018, Jump Trading Research Assistant
- Conference: CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeruIPS, AAAI, ICLR, ACCV, WACV etc.
- Journal: TIP, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on Computational Survey, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing etc.