I am a 3rd-year Ph.D. Candidate supervised by Prof. Thomas Huang at Image Formation and Processing Group IFP of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). I received my Bachelor and Mphil. degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology(HKUST), working at Neuromorphic Interactive System Lab (NISL) supervised by Prof. Bertram Shi.
My research interests lie in computer vision, deep learning, human-computer interaction and multidisciplinary vision research. Specifically, I am actively conducting low-level vision research like image denoising and enhancement. I am engaging in applying image/data restoration and recognition theory to multiple reseach areas including optics and display, art and history, neuroscience, psychology and affect, medicine and health, even financial trading. Please see my list of publications for some examples.
- 10 Nov, 2019. Three papers and a student abstract are accepted in AAAI 2020.
- 27 Oct, 2019. I organized the workshop and challenge on Real-World Recognition from Low-Quality Images and Videos (RLQ) in ICCV 2019. The past program website is here. Thanks all the co-organizers and speakers. [Photo]
- 27 Oct, 2019. We won the 3rd prize of Dunhuang Image Restoration Challenge at e-Heritage Workshop at ICCV 2019. [Certificate][Photo]
- 22 July, 2019. One paper accepted in ICCV 2019 (Oral).[Video]
- 11 June, 2019. One Journal paper accepted in PLoS ONE.
- 16 April, 2019. Our Team has won the 1st place of the NTIRE 2019 Raw Image Denoising Track at CVPR 2019! See the Tech Report.
- 24 Feb, 2019. One paper is accepted in CVPR 2019 (Oral).
- 3 Nov, 2018. One paper and a student abstract paper are accepted in AAAI 2019.
- 3 Jun, 2017. Our HKUST Team ‘Pose-dependent facial expression recognition system’ ranked 1st in the challenge of FERA2017. The associated paper is accepted in FG 2017.